The Academy for Computer Science Education inspires and cultivates the advancement of a community of K-12 teachers and students who continuously rediscover computing and apply its principles to creatively solve problems and engender innovation.
- To increase the number of South Florida Students who choose a computing major.
- To improve the skills of South Florida high school students in computer programming and problem solving.
- To increase awareness of South Florida high school computing students about research activities in the area of computer science.
- To increase access to training for South Florida teachers in subjects such as Computer Science Principles and elementary programming.
- To increase the pipeline of computing students who choose to major at FIU and continue to advanced work, including FIU research groups and internships at local companies.
- To improve the teaching skills of FIU programming team members through practical instructional experience and mentoring by FIU faculty.